I recently began an internship with a small film company! For the time being, I'm not going to share exactly which film company it is, but I will share with you my general experiences. It has been very exciting, and I've already been able to learn and do so much. So far, after just three weeks, I've been able to:
- Read and critique three scripts for upcoming films.
- Learn the basics of how to use Final Cut Pro, a professional video editing software.
- Learn the basics of making websites through iWeb, specifically for films and film companies.
- Help write character descriptions for an upcoming movie, to give to actors who want to audition.
- Do some script "tagging"; I.O.W., going through a script and recording what cast, props, set dressings, etc. are in each scene. (VERY exciting. O_O But... VERY vital.)
- Do a little bit of editing work... kinda. The intent was for me to add temporary music to a behind-the-scenes video, but I was never really able to do this, due to some computer problems. But, the experience still allowed me to familiarize myself somewhat with the setup of Final Cut Pro.
- Watch three live auditions, conducted over Skype.
- Help out with some scheduling... or, figuring out which scenes will be shot on which days, for an upcoming movie they'll be filming soon. (Side note: This is an insanely complex, chaotic, crazy, and time-consuming process that involves extreme coordination, organization, and a good dosage of non-going-crazy pills. I think it's kind of fun. :-D)
Keep pursuing the Truth...