Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Flame Shall Not Scorch You...


If you read the welcome message on my blog's sidebar, (it's rather hard to miss), you may have noticed that I'm in the process of writing a fantasy novel that I plan on publishing when I finish. It will be my first published book, so I'm excited to see how it will go!

I won't release the title yet, (partially because I'm still not entirely certain what it will be), but I will provide updates every so often on my progress. I'll let you know when my book gets closer to being finished. Right now, I'm almost 1/4 of the way to my wordcount goal: 100,000 words. The wordcount is presently 24,058. If you wish, you can watch my progress on the sidebar.

Speaking of progress, I'm almost done with my 50-book reading goal. I only have one more book to read... but it's a whopper (562 pages!), so I'll probably be working on that one for a while!

And finally, a word of encouragement from Isaiah 43:2: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you." This is God's promise to us. Thank You, Lord!