Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tagged

I normally refuse to do tags, but I decided to make an exception, and waste a few minutes of my time filling out this one. The tag relates to whatever story you're writing, (in my case, a speculative novel about what America would be like hundred years in the future), which I thought might be fun to fill out. 

The entire tag is 75 questions long, but I'm not going to fill out the whole thing. To see an example of the entire tag, click here. Feel free to waste a few minutes of your time, too, by filling it out on your own blog. :-)

1. What’s your word count?Just over 29,000 words.

2. How long until you finish?
I'm guessing sometime within the next half year or so.

4. Do you have an outline?
Yes


5. Do you have a plot?
Yes

6. How many words do you typically write a day?
I feel like I've had a good day if I've written at least 500 words. I don't think I've ever written more than 1,000 words in a day.

7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
About 1,000

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
One word.  :-D That's because I was editing, and while I actually changed a lot of things that day, the net gain of words -- when factoring in all the words that got deleted -- amounted to uno.

9. What inspired you to write?
That's funny. I don't even remember when I first started writing. My mom says it was Beatrix Potter when I was three years old, but believe me, my writing style is nothing like Beatrix Potter now. :-)

12. Which character is most like you?
The main character... I'll just call her "A", because I'm not going to disclose her name yet. :-) :-)

19. Is there magic in your novel/story?
NO

21. Does anyone die?
One character does. Actually, as a matter of fact, I just wrote the sentence that killed him yesterday. That was how I concluded my writing session of the day.

26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters?
The main story line was based off of a dream, actually.

31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
Uh... some pasta, I think. And it was a good thing, too, because she was somewhat in danger of starving to death. :D

36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story?
YEESSSSS!!!


37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story?
No... but I'm thinking there might be, if I write sequels to this story.

51. Is there humor?
Some lame attempts at humor. But they're not very common.

52. Is there tragedy?
A little bit.

56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses?
Hmm... someone may end up wearing glasses later in the story, but I haven't written that part yet.

60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story?
About four or five, I reckon

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story?
Yes. Not excessively. But they bleed.

65. Do any of your characters watch TV?
Yes

67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer?


This is one hundred years in the future.  Practically everything involves computers. :)

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?I haven't yet.

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
Ha! No.

72. Describe your ending in three words.
It's a secret. :)