Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nightmare Academy


A couple days ago, I finished Nightmare Academy by Frank Peretti.  I just want to briefly say that this was an excellent book.  It's been a long time since I read a novel and thought, "This is why I want to write!" It was also one of the best examples I've seen of how a story can be the best way to express a message

In Nightmare Academy, Peretti paints a disturbing picture of a society stripped of its standards for truth.  What would it be like to live without right and wrong?  Without good and evil?  With a morality that is relative?  Also, this book deals with a chilling take on communism and world domination.  And if you're wondering what the connection is between truth, morality, communism, and world domination... well, you're just going to have to read this book.

As with all Peretti's novels, Nightmare Academy is a thrilling and intriguing read, that will grip you and keep you turning the pages way past bedtime.  But, I wouldn't recommend reading it at night...

...Because this nightmare is real.